Next course starts Flexible start at Adeleke University Ede
The bachelor’s degree course in Agricultural Engineering is an undergraduate course at the Adeleke University, which discusses the the application of the knowledge of engineering principles to agriculture. The course educate students in the analysis and design of machinery, animal housing, and environmental systems for the production, processing, storage, handling, distribution, and use of food, feed, fiber and other biomaterials. It also looks into the management of related natural resources, by integrating basic physical and biological sciences with engineering design principles. Other core topics explored in Agricultural Engineering include, buildings and structures, agricultural electrification and energy, agricultural processing and food engineering, soil and water conservation and water resources management.
Graduates of the Agricultural Engineering degree course enhance agricultural practices with technology, modern practices and all forms of engineering skills. The agriculture field could have remained obsolete and small scale without the deployment of machineries, tools, equipment and processes made possible by Agricultural Engineers. The course if offered at the Adeleke University to introduce you to the gaps often filled by agricultural engineers, using both theoretical and practical approaches.
By completing the degree course, you will be able to apply engineering skills to improve agricultural practices of any scale.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
With the bachelor’s degree course in Agricultural Engineering, you will acquire the skills to:
- Plan, design, modify and direct the manufacture of agricultural machinery and implements for different agricultural production systems;
- Design and construct soil and water conservation engineering structures and modern irrigation and drainage systems;
- Apply your knowledge in providing practical solutions to agricultural production problems;
- Offer your expertise in engineering principles, sciences and research in agricultural consultancy work.
At the end of the degree programme, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Engineering.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Agriculture Engineer
- Bio-Renewable Products Specialist
- Crop Production Consultant
- Equipment Specialist