Next course starts Flexible start at Baze University
Architecture is primarily about the creation of human environments. Offered as a bachelor’s programme at Baze University, the course emphasizes on the design process, as well as the interrelated environmental, behavioural, and cultural issues that underlie the organization of built form. It educates students on the use of computer-aided design and drafting (CADD), building information modelling (BIM) and hand-drawing skills for creating designs and construction drawings. It also encompasses the methods of restoring and conserving old buildings, and developing new ways of using existing ones.
The undergraduate program in Architecture aims to foster critical thinking and develop your capability to significantly improve the built environment. You will be of immense value to the fields of urban planning, real estate and general construction, designing prototypes, and outlining the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project with clients. This will also enable you to provide various pre-design services, such as feasibility and environmental impact studies, site selection, cost analyses, and design requirements.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor’s programme will enable you to:
- Provide people with informed advice on construction, as well as design proposals:
- Create detailed drawings and template for building projects and land areas;
- Creatively and swiftly recommend solutions to problems that arises during construction;
- Collaborate with other professionals including engineers, surveyors, and technologists, to analyse structural quality of buildings.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Professional Architect
- Interior and Spatial Designer
- Building Surveyor
- Construction Manager
When do I start?
Next available course
- Two (2) A level passes in Mathematics/Physics and Chemistry, Geography and Further Mathematics
- OND (Upper Credit), HND (Lower Credit) or Degree in Archutecture, Architectural Technology, Land Surveying, Urban or Regional Planning (URP)
- Credit passes in five (5) WAEC/GCE/NECO/NABTEB subjects including English, Mathematics,Physics, Chemistry and any of ( Geography, Technical Drawing, Fine Art, Building Drawing, Wood Work, Economics, Further Mathematics and Biology) in not more than two (2) sittings
How do I apply?
Step 1: Log on to the University’s admission portal.
Step 2: Fill in the application details, and submit.
Step 3: Track your application status .
- Online Payment
- Bank Deposit
Detailed course information
The course curriculum includes:
- Basic Mathematics
- General Physics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Architectural Design
- Computer Applications in Design
- Architectural Design
- Architectural Theory and Ethics
- Design Themes of Great Cities
- Building and Climate
- Introduction to Structural Design
- Digital Moviemaking and Animation
- Design Approaches to Existing Sites
Email & Website
Phone & Location
- Plot 686, Cadastral Zone C 00,Jabi Airport Road Bypass (Ring Road),Behind National Judicial Institute,ABUJA, FCT,