Next course starts Flexible start at Kwara State University
The Bachelor’s Degree programme in Banking and Finance is an undergraduate course of Kwara State University. The four-year course combines the study of modern economics with banking and finance. Students will be introduced to a broad range of economic subjects including banking, financial intermediation, asset and liability management, financial decision making, financial markets and institutions, and accounting. These are expected to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the way that organisations and financial systems work. BSc Banking and Finance also covers the techniques used in applying microeconomic and macroeconomic theory in financial contexts, for example the appraisal of competing investment opportunities, and how government policy influences the stock market.
The degree course in Banking and Finance will prepare you for a career in the private sector, which includes retail banking, finance, investment, central banking and regulatory agencies. You could also consult for organisations with your expertise and knowledge of financial systems. Kwara State University offers the degree course in Banking and Finance with as much comprehensiveness as required for you to have an outstanding career in the field.
By completing the degree programme, you will have the skills to help organisations in matters of finance, investment and banking. You will also receive a Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The Bachelor’s Degree in Banking and Finance positions you in a career where you can do the following:
- Identify and analyse the operations carried out by banks and insurance companies;
- Apply ideas and methods in the fields of banking customers, risk management, mathematics, and corporate finance;
- Distinguish and assess insurance products, and apply insurance controlling methods;
- Analyse and answer questions of finance (e.g. portfolio selection, fixed income, option contracts) and corporate finance (corporate finance and assessment).
At the completion of the programme, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Banking and Finance.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Investment Manager
- Risk Manager and Compliance Officer
- Financial Analyst
- Retail Banker