Next course starts Flexible start at Usmanu Danfodiyo University
The bachelor’s programme merges the study of soil formations with engineering mechanisms in agriculture. Offered at the Uthman Danfodio University, it educates students on the physical, biological and chemical processes that occur in the soil, its role in plant production, and environmental management procedures required for its conservation. Alongside this, students will be exposed to the analysis and design of machinery, animal housing, and environmental systems for the production, processing, storage, handling, distribution, and use of food, feed, fiber and other bio-materials. It also looks into the management of related natural resources, by integrating basic physical and biological sciences with engineering design principles.
Having understood the rudiments of soil science and engineering in agriculture, graduates of the are have capacities for professional, technical, consulting, and administrative roles in environmental sciences, ecology and restoration, crop and timber production, soil survey, and informatics. You will also be able to enhance agricultural practices with technology, modern practices and all forms of engineering skills, add through the deployment of machineries, tools, equipment and processes.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor's programme will equip you with the skills to:
- Apply knowledge of soil science, such as the biological, chemical and physical; properties of soils, and their spatial and temporal variability across the landscape
- Conduct laboratory analysis of soil samples and research experiments;
- Plan, design, modify and direct the manufacture of agricultural machinery and implements for different agricultural production systems;
- Apply your knowledge in providing practical solutions to agricultural production problems.
At the end of programme, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Soil Science and Agricultural Engineering
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Agriculture Engineer
- Soil Scientist
- Bio-Renewable Products Specialist
- Crop Production Consultant