Next course starts Flexible start at University of Agriculture Makurdi
The bachelor’s programme in Physics is offered at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi. It examines the structure of the entire universe, exploring the stars, the shape of a water droplet, and physical characteristics or everything in existence. Students get to learn about great physicists such as Albert Einstein, Galileo Galilei, Erwin Schrodinger and Sir Isaac Newton , and their roles in identifying the natural laws and theories that underlie modern scientific understandings of the world. The course will cover topics that include electricity and magnetism, space and time, thermodynamics, quantum physics, relativity, geophysical, fluid dynamics, astronomy and a few complex mathematics.
As a graduate of Physics, you can play major roles in many key sectors such as technology and engineering. You will demonstrate high-end skills such as the ones required to develop fibre optics in communications systems, apply electromagnetic knowledge in developing new industrial technologies. You will be able to apply the knowledge and techniques of physical science as may be required in any field.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor’s programme will enable you to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in mathematics and the mathematical concepts needed for a proper understanding of physics;
- Demonstrate knowledge of selected topics from classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, quantum mechanics and electromagnetism;
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct laboratory experiments and draw valid conclusions;
- Apply core knowledge of physics in analysing a broad range of physical phenomena.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Geophysicist/Field Seismologist
- Physical Science
- Research Specialist