Next course starts Flexible start at Baze University
BSc Mass Communication is an undergraduate programme of Baze University, which provides a thorough grounding in the theories, approaches and research necessary for the study of media and communication processes in both the national and global contexts. During the course duration, undergraduates will analyse key areas in mass communication including media production, organisation and control, news in the local, national and global context, media/new media roles and the political process, communication policy and regulation, and cross-national media and communication systems. It also combines key aspects of marketing strategy and management approaches, which enhances students’ skills in advertising and promotion, research methods, and contemporary mass communication.
By completing the course, you would have acquired modern knowledge and skills required by the creative and media sectors. Your expertise will cut across marketing management, advertising, promotional culture, key research approaches and skills. You will be qualified to take up various positions in the country’s mainstream and adjunct media organizations, including newspapers, magazines, radio, television, online publications, public relations, advertising, and government ministries. You will be able to critically analyse and understand each element of the human communication process, and apply the same on such related roles.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor’s programme will enable you to develop the following skills:
- Effective speaking and listening skills for communication in personal, public, and media areas;
- Effective writing skills for communication in personal, public, and media areas;
- Ability to observe events, gather information, write news reports and news releases, report on events, and edit other people’s writings;
- Ability to recognize the power of persuasion and ethical responsibilities of communicators in communication at all levels.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communication.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Media Correspondent
- Content Writing Executive
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Five SSCE credit passes in English Language and 4 other subjects in Arts or Social Sciences
- UTME subjects must include any three subjects from Arts or Social Science.
How do I apply?
Step 1: Log on to the University’s admission portal.
Step 2: Fill in the application details, and submit.
Step 3: Track your application status .
- Online Payment
- Bank Deposit
Detailed course information
The course curriculum includes:
- Basic Mathematics
- Computing for Academic Skills
- History of Ideas, Science and Society 2
- Introduction to Business
- Logic and Philosophy of Thought
- Discreete Mathematics
- Nigeria People and Culture
- Comparative Federalism
- Methods of Social Research
Email & Website
Phone & Location
- Plot 686, Cadastral Zone C 00,Jabi Airport Road Bypass (Ring Road),Behind National Judicial Institute,ABUJA, FCT,