Next course starts Flexible start at River State University of Science and Technology
BSc Political Science studies modern political thoughts, while relating them with meanings of democracy, citizenship, justice, authority, and identity. It’s a programme of Rivers State University of Science and Technology, which explores themes and ideologies dominant in Western political theory, and examine contemporary challenges to that tradition, such as feminist political theory and the work of theorists concerned with what is popularly called globalization. With an objective to prepare students for governance and politics, the course will adapt these into the local political scene, and Nigeria’s democratic evolution.
As a graduate of Political Science, you can find roles in different strata of governance, social administration and public service in Nigeria. With your knowledge of public administration and governance, you practical training is provided in approved farms and agro-based establishments. You will be able to make functional contributions to community leadership. By completing the programme, you will have the expertise to manage leadership within any size of constituency.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The degree course will equip you with the following capacities:
- Ability to formulate and contrast logical arguments about political phenomena and an ability to evaluate these through empirical and theoretical methods;
- Understanding of how political institutions emerge, operate, interact with the external environment, and how they shape individual and collective behaviours;
- Familiarity with different approaches to the study of politics and ability to apply these to contemporary political problems;
- Ability to Critically assess the actions of actors in the political system and define their motives.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Community Organizer
- Development Officer
- Political Scientist
- Public Relations Specialist