Next course starts Flexible start at Oduduwa University Ife
The bachelor’s degree course in Biochemistry is an undergraduate programme of Oduduwa University, which studies chemical processes in living organisms. The four-year programme covers bio-organic chemistry, biophysical chemistry, Human Physiology, Microbiology and Virology, Basic Immunology and Enzymology. It also looks into the study of structure and function of cellular components such as proteins, carbohydrates and lipids. Other components are nucleic acids and biomolecules involved in biological processes such as growth, metabolism, reproduction and heredity. Biochemistry also touches on the effects of the environment on living organisms, and their biological processes.
Biochemists understand the fundamentals of the human body, core functionalities and elements that influence well-being. They usually find roles in medical and life science roles, offering their knowledge of chemical processes in the analysis of physiological and anatomical events to deduce irregularities or recommend particular action steps. Yu can get to learn the technical skills required on the field by taking the course at the Oduduwa University.
By completing the programme, you will be able to apply your knowledge of chemical processes on any role where it is required.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The degree course in biochemistry will equip you with the skills to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental biochemical principles, such as the structure and function of biomolecules, metabolic pathways, and the regulation of biological and biochemical processes;
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory techniques in both chemistry and biology, and be able to apply scientific methods to the processes of experimentation and hypothesis testing;
- Understand and practice the ethics surrounding scientific research in the field of medical and life sciences;
- Apply and communicate scientific reasoning and data analysis in both written and oral forms.
At the completion of the course, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Quality Control Analyst
- Industrial Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Chemical Engineer