Next course starts Flexible start at Bells University of Technology
The bachelor’s degree programme in Biotechnology is an undergraduate course of Bells University of Technology, which describes the use of living organisms, or their products, to improve human, animal, or plant life, or the environment. The course educates students on living organisms at the cellular and molecular level, while also discussing organisms at the organismal level and in relationship with their environment. It is basically about the fusion of technology and biology. It combines biological disciplines like genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, embryology and cell biology with technical disciplines like chemical engineering and information technology.
Graduates of Biotechnology offer their expertise to organisations in the fields of drug development, medical treatments, agriculture, food processing and biosecurity. They bring the efficiency of technology to the fore in improving efficiency in these fields, which makes them of immense value. The Bells University of Technology provides an efficient medium to learn the intricacies of the course, and all the skills required in the field.
By completing the degree course, you will be able to apply biological knowledge to solve pressing challenges in agriculture, medicine, environmental, marine sciences and other relevant fields.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The degree course will enable you to do the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of biological processes from the molecular and cellular perspectives;
- Approach and solve biological problems critically with scientific literacy in individual and group settings;
- Demonstrate ability to perform molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques used in biotechnology;
- Engage in the scientific process to form hypotheses, synthesize scientific information, gather and analyse data, apply statistical techniques and draw conclusions.
At the end of the degree course, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Biotechnology.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Biomedical Engineer
- Clinical Research Associate
- Quality Control Analyst