Next course starts Flexible start at Oduduwa University Ife
The Bachelor of Science degree course in Chemistry is offered at Oduduwa University, and explores the major fields of chemistry. It covers the general areas of inorganic, organic, and physical, analytical, nuclear, and biophysical chemistry and chemical biology. The course studies different laboratory procedures in inorganic and organic synthesis, analytical methods, physical and chemical measurements, spectroscopy, biochemical engineering, and chemical methods in nuclear technology. It will also educate students on computational chemistry, organic and inorganic synthetic methods, surface chemistry and catalysis, molecular structure determination and photochemistry.
Graduates of the Chemistry degree programme find careers in biology, food science and medical sciences. They deploy laboratory research skills for chemical analysis, which is a significant aspect of these fields. Oduduwa University provides specialised laboratories and broad teaching to enable you learn every detail of the course.
By completing the degree programme, you will be able to apply your knowledge of chemical analysis across all related fields.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The Bachelor’s degree programme in Chemistry will enable you to develop:
- A working knowledge of the main areas of chemistry: organic, inorganic, analytical, and physical;
- The ability to initiate, perform and understand chemical research;
- Firm foundation in the fundamentals and application of current chemical and scientific theories including those in Analytical, Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistries;
- The ability to design and carry out scientific experiments as well as accurately record and analyse the results of such experiments.
At the completion of the course, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Analytical chemist.
- Chemical engineer.
- Healthcare scientist, clinical biochemistry.
- Forensic scientist.