Next course starts Flexible start at University of Calabar
The Bachelor of Science in Economics is a full-time four-year undergraduate course at the University of Calabar. The degree programme is a comprehensive discussion of modern economics, microeconomics, inflation and monopoly in given markets. It also studies developing countries, international finance as well as the finance of multinational companies. It provides undergraduates with training in theoretical and applied aspects of modern economics, econometrics and financial economics. The degree programme in Economics also ensures students learn the various techniques necessary for formal economic analysis.
Economics graduates are some of the most sought-after professionals by banks, not-for-profit organisations, consultancies, insurance and accountancy firms, government departments and innovative jobs because of their ability to analyse economic status quo and deploy financial principles and their understanding of factors that influence social policies and financial markets.
By completing the degree programme, you will be able to apply economic principles to different aspects of the society.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The Bachelor’s degree programme in Economics will equip you with the skills to:
- Develop the ability to explain core economic terms, concepts and theories;
- Apply economic theories and concepts to contemporary social issues as well as formulation and analysis of policy;
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, process and interpret data and statistical inferences;
- Identify key macroeconomic indicators and measures of economics change, growth and development.
At the end of the degree programme, you will acquire a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Economic and Investment Analyst