Next course starts Flexible start at Alliance Francaise Maiduguri
Alliance Francaise offers a varied and comprehensive course of study in French that comprises specialisations in language training, linguistics, translation, the literatures and cultures of the francophone world. The course is designed to allow students to acquire a considerable degree of competence in the written and spoken language as well as a familiarity with the literature and culture of the French-speaking world. Students will learn to read and comprehend texts and theoretical issues in the study of the language.
Certified students of the course have a substantial knowledge of general humanistic education based on the language and literature of the French-speaking world. They could teach French at the elementary or secondary level, or pursue graduate work in preparation for teaching and research at the college level. The course also prepares them for careers in such areas as international law, business, or government service, which require both training in a major foreign language and/or a general background in a humanistic field. By completing the course, you will be able to communicate effectively in a professional setting in French with articulate skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The course will provide you with the skills to:
- Construct clear argument in favour or against academic article, literary essay, or argumentative text written in French, and support such arguments.
- Compare and contrast significant historical and/ or current developments and traditions in their home culture and French culture;
- Apply their knowledge of the French speaking world to engage with and understand other cultural and societal traditions, perspectives, and conflicts;
- Interact orally in an effective manner in past, present and future time frames with supporting details in the target language.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Diploma Certificate in French.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Customer Service Manager
- French Translation
- High School Teacher
- Technical Writer
The course is open to anyone.
How do I apply?
Visit the institute;s campus to obtain the application form.
- Bank Deposit
Detailed course information
The course curriculum includes:
- Introduction to Phonetics of French
- Intermediate Spoken French
- Business French
- French Civilization
- Introduction to Linguistics
- Introduction to Translation
Email & Website
Phone & Location
- University of Maiduguri.