Next course starts Flexible start at Adeleke University Ede
The bachelor’s degree programme in Mass Communication is offered at Adeleke University as an undergraduate course. The programme involves the study of the various means by which individuals, organisations and other bodies relay information through mass media to large segments of the population at the same time. This relates with different tools used in disseminating information such as newspapers, television, radio and magazines. The degree programme acquaint students with knowledge of media institutions and processes such as diffusion of information, and how media influences public opinion.
Graduates of Mass Communication find roles in research , advertising, publishing, news media, content writing and similar industries, where the art of communication requires professionalism and expertise beyond the surface. Adeleke University provides adequate resources with which students can both learn the requisite skills, and express the same.
By completing the degree programme, you will be able to critically analyse and understand each element of the human communication process, and apply the same in associated fields.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication offers you the opportunity to develop the following skills:
- Effective speaking and listening skills for communication in personal, public, and media areas;
- Effective writing skills for communication in personal, public, and media areas;
- Ability to observe events, gather information, write news reports and news releases, report on events, and edit other people’s writings;
- Ability to recognize the power of persuasion and ethical responsibilities of communicators in communication at all levels.
At the end of the degree programme, you will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Marketing Communications Manager
- Communications Specialist
- Media Correspondent
- Content Writer Executive