Next course starts Flexible start at Nigerian Defence Academy
The bachelor’s programme in Political Science and Defensive Studies is specially designed for military cadets and undergraduates of the Nigeria Defence Academy. It educates undergraduates on modern political thought, and other key topics such as democracy, citizenship, justice, authority, and social identity. It adapts global political ideologies to domestic politics, and Nigeria’s democratic evolution. It’s an integrated course which draws upon defence management, economics, history, human resources management, international relations, peace studies, sociology, anthropology, strategic and security studies, warfare studies, and other academic disciplines
Taking the Political Science and Defense Studies programme will equip you with a combination of social administrative and management expertise, with advanced knowledge of conducting major military operations and strategy including war fighting, peace support operations, and domestic operations for national security. You will have the functional skills for community defence, and public administration and management as applicable in any social setting.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor’s programme will equip you with following capacities:
- An ability to formulate and contrast logical arguments about political phenomena and an ability to evaluate these through empirical and theoretical methods;
- An understanding of how political institutions emerge, operate, interact with the external environment, and how they shape individual and collective behaviours;
- Familiarity with different approaches to the study of politics and ability to apply these to contemporary political problems;
- Critically assess the actions of actors in the political system and define their motives.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science and Defense Studies.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Chief Security Officer
- Development Officer
- Political Scientist
- Public Relations Specialist