Next course starts Flexible start at Federal University Lafia
BA Sociology is an undergraduate programme of the Federal University, Lafia. It’s a comprehensive examination of human biology, behaviour, evolution and interactions among one another. It explores cultural perceptions about contentious issues such as sex and gender roles, as ideal to various societies and cultures. Its primary objective is to find the connecting points between the very diverse cultural, racial, class and genders affiliations in Nigeria, and globally.
Graduates of Sociology have developed advanced understanding of societal events, social changes and evolution,, human relations and human development. Their knowledge of human interactions and relationships makes them the usual best fit for people-centred roles such as social policy, charity and human resource. The course is designed to introduce you to the core aspects of social cultural, and human development, as applicable in related fields.
By completing the degree programme, you would be knowledgeable about factors that influence human activities, fuel social evolution and determine interpersonal relationships.
How This Course Will Benefit Your Career
The bachelor’s programme will enable you to:
- Understand and apply basic sociological concepts as well as their theoretical interrelations;
- Compare, contrast and apply the basic methodological approaches for gathering data, as the different situation permits;
- Evaluate the validity of contentions commonly encountered in everyday life;
- Understand some of the challenges that modernisation and globalisation poses to contemporary societies and ways of life.
At the completion of the course, you will receive a Bachelor of Art degree in Sociology.
What jobs will I qualify for?
- Community Development Worker
- Research Specialist
- Social Service Manager
- Human Resource Manager